Picture the scene...
You’ve got the key to your new place from the estate agent.
You’re on your new doorstep excitedly putting key into lock.In you go with a huge smile on your face – only to be met with an untidy and unclean mess.
Puts a dampener on the whole thing doesn’t it?
The good news is that in our experience most sellers take the time to clean their homes before they leave them.
If you’re selling and want to do the right thing by leaving your property as you’d wish to find it simply follow these six steps.
1. Take your time – don’t leave it to the morning you are moving out.
2. De-clutter – This makes sense on lots of levels – less to clean, move and store for you.
3. Be prepared – Make up a Clean Kit of everything you need to get the different jobs done around the house. For example ceramic cleaner, window cleaner, dusters, mop etc.
4. Get Help – Ask your family and friends to lend a hand. As the old saying goes ‘many hands make light work.’
5. A breath of fresh air – Nothing makes a home feel fresher than…fresh air. So once you’re done cleaning open the windows, even the doors and let lots of air ventilate the property.
6. Call in the professionals – If you really can’t face doing it consider calling in a cleaning company. Many specialise in moving out / end of tenancy moves and can save you a lot of time and work. (Just let us know and we’ll email you some recommended ones.)
Thanks for reading,
Want a SOLD sign outside your property quicker? Call us now on 01277 545 065 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for honest, expert and friendly advice.